Multiple users on the free tier?

Hello, I’ve been evaluating tailscale for a while using my gsuite email nick@foo.com. Almost by chance I added another computer using a different email from the same domain: john@foo.com. Everything seems to work as expected and the two instances can talk to each other. I can even make john an admin.

I thought this is a paid feature? Did I automatically get enrolled to the free trial and if so when will it expire? Thanks.

1 Like

We don’t aggressively enforce various limits, especially for small accounts. They’re effectively an infinite trial. It’s all pretty much honor system and it’s been working out… The right people pay when they’re ready.

We’ll be doing a friends and family sharing level later. (probably all or mostly free)

6 Likes

Any update on the this: We’ll be doing a friends and family sharing level later. (probably all or mostly free). I see the personal pro plan is now an option, but it remains single user?

There is Sharing · Tailscale, which can allow a node to be shared by several Tailnets.

There is not currently a free tier of service which allows multiple accounts. We may eventually introduce one, but not at this time.

This was announced a bit earlier today, free plans for friends and family: Even more for free: Tailscale for open source projects · Tailscale