TailScale Subnet Routers Same IPs

Tailscale version 1.32.3
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS in Proxmox

Hi, I am running TailScale on multiple computers at the moment but running into an issue when I added a second subnet router using the Personal Pro plan.

I have a subnet router at home in Ubuntu in proxmox which allows me to access my entire home network from anywhere. I also just not setup a remote proxmox server at a second location to test things and do some backups with the same Ubuntu running TailScale subnet.

The issue I am running into is that since the IP range is the same it won’t let me connect to my remote server from my home location. If I switch to my phone hotspot I can connect to either one without issue.

Any idea how to pick which subnet I connect too?

Sorry if this is noob level but been trying to figure this out for a few days now without luck.

Thanks!

This is actually a tough question to answer which is probably why no one’s responded.

The correct answer here is to pick a different subnet for both networks. Subnets, even private ones, should never share IPs. If you can use a 3rd party relay, you can avoid it, like having a NAT in the way of your NAT, but it’s far easier to just change one of your subnets.

For anyone who doesn’t understand the issue:
Subnet conflicts are supposed to be non-existent because everyone’s supposed to have a public IP.

Now that we have NAT, it’s possible to have IP conflicts, but you’re supposed to use unique IPs in the range of 10.0.0.0/8 , 172.16.0.0/12, and 192.168.0.0/16 (and others). Households are supposed to use 10.0.0.0/8 and 192.168.0.0/16 while 172.16.0.0/12 is designed for private networks like Kubernetes and VPN technologies.