Setting up Exit node: error code & flags

Hello everyone! I am now looking to get Exit mode set up <sudo tailscale up --advertise-exit-node> and encountering the following error

Error: changing settings via ‘tailscale up’ requires mentioning all non-default flags. To proceed, either re-run your command with --reset or use the command below to explicitly mention the current value of all non-default settings:
tailscale up --advertise-exit-node --accept-routes

1. Would include a -reset flag change any established configuration settings?
  2. How would one identify the value of all non-default settings?
  3. What would be the syntax for a code line novice?
    sudo tailscale up --advertise-exit-node -reset?
  1. Yes, with a small correction. The option has two ‘-’ chars so is --reset and using it replaces the existing options with whatever options you set now.

2. The error message that appears when you are changing options without --reset always displays the current set of options that are in use and (I think) the options you are trying to add. So in this case you will notice that your error message ended with tailscale up --advertise-exit-node --accept-routes

3. If you did want to replace all of the existing options, yes: sudo tailscale up --advertise-exit-node --reset

I was able to achieve the same by whitelisting my domain, so (as it appears anyway) all traffic still goes through 3rd party con as desired AND maintain a rock solid connection to the home network. I am a little beside myself it is all working. One of those things that seems easy and practical in theory and never worked as expected.