Samsung Galaxy S21+
I dont know how to do a bug report from Android or if that is even possible?
I’ve been using Tailscale on my phone for awhile and have never noticed an issue until today. Tailscale just updated to this version last night I believe which clued me in. Basically, when I connect to Tailscale, all RCS messages in Android Messages no longer send or receive. Normal SMS is just fine. If I goto the “Chat Features” menu, the status just shows “Connecting…” If I turn off Tailscale, it will eventually reconnect and update messages, but this takes forever to start working again. Unfortunately, just force closing Android Messages or even restarting my phone doesn’t seem to make things re-connect any quicker so troubleshooting is slow.
One thing I just tried was completely removing all custom Tailscale DNS servers and only having 188.8.131.52 listed and making it not a global override DNS. Right now Im waiting for chat services to reconnect with Tailscale disconnected so I can then test again with Tailscale connected and new DNS settings. Really just a shot in the dark though.