Newbee Questions -- Local Subnet Access, subnet routing on Windows?

Hello, new user here. Love the simplicity of the product. A couple of questions, though:

• When I run and log into Tailscale from a Windows client, I cannot get to anything else on my subnet. Is this by design, or am I doing something wrong. I thought, on my own PC, I would be able to see my local subnet? (It’s 192.168.73.0/24).

• Next, I heard talk that you will be having the feature to expose and route subnets natively from Windows. When will this be available? Right now, to get around the problem I am hosting a Ubuntu Hyper-V instance and advertising/routing the subnet via that instance. Is that the best way? Would it work on the Linux subsystem for Windows?

Thanks.

When I run and log into Tailscale from a Windows client, I cannot get to anything else on my subnet.

This isn’t expected. Are you using an exit node? If so, in the Tailscale taskbar icon in the Exit node menu is an option to allow local subnets.

Next, I heard talk that you will be having the feature to expose and route subnets natively from Windows.

The current 1.22 release allows Windows to be a subnet router, but it is not hooked up for use from the GUI. A tailscale.exe command is installed in %PATH% which takes the same arguments as the Linux CLI:
tailscale up --advertise-routes=1.2.3.4/24