Hi, I’m running Tailscale as an addon of Home Assistant (HA) on a Raspberry Pi. I don’t have access (to my knowledge) to the ssh console in the addon container and cannot run commands easily.
At first I was running HA and the other devices in a simple common VLAN (192.168.68.x). Tailscale was advertising this vlan and I could access other devices on the vlan from other tailscale machines.
I then purchased a Unifi dream machine pro as router and created 2 separated vlans:
- common vlan: 192.168.1.x (running the router interface and HA)
- previous vlan 192.168.68.x
Tailscale advertised both vlans and I could still access the iot devices on the “legacy” vlan although tailscale was in another vlan.
When I added wifi access points from the same brand, the common vlan was forced by the router as a management vlan and HA was not responding anymore. I had to move it to another vlan. So I created 5 vlans overall:
- management vlan 192.168.1.x (router console, access points, protected by the router)
- common vlan 192.168.2.x (HA, NAS, printer)
- new IoT vlan 192.168.3.x (50% of the IoT devices here)
- guest vlan 192.168.5.x (for users)
- legacy IoT vlan 192.168.68.x (50% of the devices still there, being migrated to the other iot vlan)
All vlans are at the moment fully interconnected, there is no restriction, multicast, igmp snooping, etc. are enabled. HA sees and talks to all IoT devices on the different vlans, no issue except for discovery protocols if they cannot work across vlans.
Then now tailscale only advertises vlan 192.168.2.x (which I don’t want to advertise) and the previously announced vlans, i.e. 192.168.1.x and 192.168.68.x are still there but greyed out and proposed with a “remove” button as they are not advertised anymore.
I have no way to advertise the new vlans manually as I do not have access to the ssh console of the Tailscale addon, and the option is not visible in the tailscale console.
I would like to know if anyone has been through the same issue and has found any workaround please?