Trouble Setting Up code-server HTTPS w/MagicDNS

Tailscale version: 1.28.0
Your operating system & version: Ubuntu 20.04

Following this guide to set up HTTPS w/code-server: Coding on iPad using VSCode, Caddy, and code-server · Tailscale

I am through to this link at the end of the guide (Usage - code-server v4.5.1 docs) and am hitting the following error on the certbot command:

sudo certbot --non-interactive --redirect --agree-tos --nginx -d <machine-name>.<tailnet-domain-alias> -m <email>
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Plugins selected: Authenticator nginx, Installer nginx
Obtaining a new certificate
Performing the following challenges:
http-01 challenge for <machine-name>.<tailnet-domain-alias>
Waiting for verification...
Challenge failed for domain <machine-name>.<tailnet-domain-alias>
http-01 challenge for <machine-name>.<tailnet-domain-alias>
Cleaning up challenges
Some challenges have failed.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
 - The following errors were reported by the server:

Domain: <machine-name>.<tailnet-domain-alias>
   Type:   dns
   Detail: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A for
   <machine-name>.<tailnet-domain-alias> - check that a DNS record
   exists for this domain; DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up AAAA for
   <machine-name>.<tailnet-domain-alias> - check that a DNS record

I’m a newbie to DNS/HTTPS/NGINX configuration, so hopefully someone more knowledgeable sees this and can fill in the gaps of those two guides for me.

One other important note… I executed the tailscale cert command on my host machine to .crt and.key files, but nothing in the guide points me to do anything with them (unless I missed something), so they are just sitting in the directory that I executed the command from. I have a feeling that I need to do something with the cert or key? Also, the cert file has three certificates back to back to back, which is weird to me compared to something like a rsa private key file. The cert file format looks like this:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
-----END CERTIFICATE-----

If anyone can let me know why the file is formatted like that I’d be interested to learn.

Do the .crt and .key tailscale files need to be passed to nginx somehow? That seems like a pretty big miss in the documentation if so.