Router to advertise specific machines on same subnets?

Trying to understand how overlapping networks might hurt me in the future-- I’m lucky enough so far that the network I needed the Tailscale router on is a 10.0.X kind of range, not your more common 192.168.X.X but I hope I can lean on others knowledge to understand what might occur.

If I have two networks (Alpha, Beta) both on your standard default ISP provided router 192.168.1.1/24 ranges.

Site Beta is running a tailwind router advertising very select computers that it wants Jane at Site Alpha to see: tailscale up --advertise-routes 192.168.1.38/32, 192.168.1.41/32

If Jane (sitting at Site A) enables her Tailscale client-- can she ping/connect to those two addresses, or do they just get squashed her local subnet? Do they ‘lose’ to the local addresses always, or only if a local address exists?

If Jane really wanted to-- could she force that ‘hey local computer-- go grab 192.168.1.38 from the tailwind interface please and ignore the 192.168.1.38 computer sitting next to me’?

Amazed by Tailscale so far, it’s so good it makes me slightly scared of it :slight_smile:

The only workaround we can suggest here is edit iptable rules and rewrite one of the subnets with the 10.x.x.x.