Tailscale connected, but network traffic doesn't reach destination on Windows

Windows Tailscale Client 1.20.2 running on

Edition Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎28/‎05/‎2020
OS build 19044.1466
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Not sure what happened, the only suspects I have are either the latest Win Updates or me installing an OpenVPN client recently but I cannot access any other PC via tailscale.

Tailscale dashboar shows this Win 10 PC as connected:

it isn’t reachable and cannot reach any other of my taislcale enabled devices. All my other devices are working just fine.

I found this older thread which sounded very similar but those suggestions didn’T help: Tailscale connected, but network traffic doesn't reach destination on Windows · Issue #978 · tailscale/tailscale · GitHub

This: Troubleshooting guide · Tailscale could be something to try but seeing that tailscale dashboard is showing my machine as green and connected is it worth exploring=

If the OpenVPN client is still installed connected, likely that is part of it. Having multiple VPNs active tends not to work well. They fight over every resource: firewall rules, routing table, DNS configuration, etc.

Sorry for not mentioning that but obviously I am not connected to any other VPN than tailscale and none of those clients are even running. The only reason I mentioned it is because it most probably installed TAP or TUN interfaces and I have no idea if that could interfere with tailscale.

I tried following the troubleshooting guide:

I removed this machine from my tailscale dashboard, re-added it, it got a new tailscale IP and is showing as connected and yet I cannot connect to it via RDP or connect from it to another tailscale machine say with SSH.

We’d have to have some way to look at what that system is doing. If you’re not comfortable posting the Tailscale IP address here, you can send it to support@tailscale.com.

thanks, IP sent via email.